This is the couch/bed with the uncovered cushions laid in place. I think I have decided to replace the old cushions with new because of the mold factor. Im just not to sure that I should be sleeping on mold.
Last night we finished up the building of the couch/bed frame and put down the table post thinga ma jig. The table works great and the couch/bed sits great. Today im off to Fred's to get curtin rods. They have the best prices on curtin rods and curtins too if your in the market for them.
This is the couch/bed area. Its all paneled and ready for the sliding bed assembly. I put a coat of paint on the sheets of plywood. It looks like it may be time for me to go on a shopping trip for cloth for the mattress foam covers. Im about to that point...the sewing...ewww!!!! I like to sew, but just dont know where to start on this project. I think I will like making the curtins tho. Its gonna be fun picking out the material for them! I want the old world red, white, blue, stars and strips motif.
I put on some new weather strip on the bottom of the windows. I ordered it from vintage trailer supply. They have some really good stuff on there and they have pretty good prices too. Their website is www.vintagetrailersupply.com .
I am still trying to decide on a name and havent had any suggestions yet.
Ok im out until next work day!
I found this little winged wonder at the Morganton festival on Friday. It looks just like my winged wonder!
Today was a polishing day...so I polished aluminum...and I polished...and I polished. Its so shiney! I polished on the "gutter" today. Replacing the old rusted screws with bright shiney stainless steel screws. It was slow goiing because I had to scrub off some silicone that was used to make a leak barrier all around the "gutter". Oh yea! it all on top too! Yippy Skippy.....sigh.
This is before all the polishing and new screws
This is after all the polishing. It looks more impresive in person.
I took a few more pictures to show the extent of the "vintage" of the camper HA HA HA. This is a pic of the tongue. The jack no longer works so I think we can salvage one from a mobile home tongue that we found.
NEW LIGHT GET NEW LIFE!
Heres an idea for those of you who cant find replacement lights for your vintage camper. I went to Lowes Hardware and found these nice wall sconces for the dirt cheep price of...$1.50 each! They also came with a bulb that sales for nearly $7 bucks! (I also bought more than I needed just to get the replacement bulbs.) Next I drilled a hole and installed a turn switch to turn the light on and off with. I searched for a replacement plug for them but couldnt find them anywhere. So I took the old light, took out the plug assembly and cut a square hole in the new light and installed the old plug in the new light. They look so GOOD!!!! I am so proud of them cause I took my time cutting the holes and installing them. I can't wait to install them.