Thursday, August 28, 2008
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
I am taking tonight off to go see a little bluegrass. I feel like I need a break from...she still dont have a name....although I wish I was up there working on her right now instead of where I am now. Dad is glad im taking the night off too. I think i mighta worked him a little harder than he wanted to be.
Until tomorrows post...
Monday, August 25, 2008
Sunday, August 24, 2008
I also installed one of the lights that I made. It workes PERFECTLY!! In fact all the lights work PERFECTLY! Tomorrow I will install the plug I ran for the microwave. Yep I had to update it a little. Instead of putting a cabinet back over the stove I am going to make a shelf to go up there and put a little microwave up there with the stove hood under it. At least thats the plan.
Oh yes I did put the top vent back in today. I ran a hugh bead of caulk around the edges and screwed it back down. It works great! Tomorrow after all the caulk is dry I will put that tar back up there to seal it off more. I had thoughts about what else to put up there and the tar seems like the best choice. Silicone is too hard to remove (I found this out while trying to take it out yesterday) so next time repairs are to be made it wont be so much trouble to remove. The tar wasent as hard as I was thinking it would be. That heat gun worked good.
I must get to bed so I can get up in the morning and goto that job that pays me so I can pay to work on my little project. Until next post!
Saturday, August 23, 2008
I took a few more pictures to show the extent of the "vintage" of the camper HA HA HA. This is a pic of the tongue. The jack no longer works so I think we can salvage one from a mobile home tongue that we found.
NEW LIGHT GET NEW LIFE!
Heres an idea for those of you who cant find replacement lights for your vintage camper. I went to Lowes Hardware and found these nice wall sconces for the dirt cheep price of...$1.50 each! They also came with a bulb that sales for nearly $7 bucks! (I also bought more than I needed just to get the replacement bulbs.) Next I drilled a hole and installed a turn switch to turn the light on and off with. I searched for a replacement plug for them but couldnt find them anywhere. So I took the old light, took out the plug assembly and cut a square hole in the new light and installed the old plug in the new light. They look so GOOD!!!! I am so proud of them cause I took my time cutting the holes and installing them. I can't wait to install them.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Welp, today its off to Lowes again to get some little things for the dremel tool to shine those little tiny places that I couldnt get my steel wool in.